Posted By Veiled Muslimah on/at 1/29/2007 07:40:00 PM

Assalam Alaykum,

I feel i've been neglecting my blog. I don't write like i used to. I might come up with things once in a while when i'm passionate about it or when i need to spill my heart out or if somethings troubling me but i'm not constant anymore. But everyone needs a break right?

If i do blog, it's usually after a long period of time. One reason is pure laziness. Second is time. I don't get a lot of it these days. And thirdly, [this might sound silly] but i dont have a proper place for my laptop yet and it's put in such a way that i have to slightly bend and that makes my back hurt so i can't sit on it for long hours.


Another thought that crossed my mind [And made me slightly uncomfortable] that all your personal thoughts and feelings you blog about is read by the world. Well, to a certain extent it doesn't really matter to me but when People who you don't exactly want to get it and see on a day to day basis in real life start getting to your blog - then it's slightly uncomfortable. So you can't really blog whole heartedly. But isn't that what's blogging is about? Expressing yourself. I'm just being silly.

I'm considering shifting to Wordpress or giving my blog a re-vamp and changing it a bit. Thoughts? [About shifting to wordpress and/or changing itself on blogger.] This isn't because of the above mentioned but because i like change once in a while and i feel my blog isn't exactly... neat. [If that's the correct word for it.] Or maybe i'm being paranoid. Let me know what you, my readership think. Any and all comments would be appreciated.

Oh yeah, Check this site out ==> http://www.rediscoverislam.blogspot.com A new blog started by people I know. Defenitely worth checking out. Mashallah.

While we're at it, i should mention that thst is the month of Muharram and fasting in this month is recommended as you get more thawab.

Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him) said: The Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings be upon him) said: "The best of fasting after Ramadan is fasting Allah' month of Muharram." (Reported by Muslim).

Also, another benefit of fasting now is it's Winter and the days are shorter so if you have any fasts to complete, do it now. Don't wait.

Takecare,
Maásalamah

    Get Feed Share on Digg Share on StumbleUpon Share on Delicious
Posted in

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Assalamualaykum wr wb
I read that you are living in Dubai. Im in Australia and a friend of mine has just moved to Dubai to work in one of the universities there. Shes gonna go shopping for me and send me over some abayas....any good shops I can tell her to go to?
You can reply to my email if you like
mishkat_hanz@hotmail.com.au

Absology said...

What I did when I found out that there were unwanted readers on my blog, was that I changed my url and my username. So all my writings remain with me, yet if they go to that old url they wouldn't find me.

Veiled Muslimah said...

anonymous: wa alaykumsalam. i'll email you inshallah.

travelling stranger: lol. i thought about that but i think i'll just leave it. I do have people who read my blog who i want to read. I guess whereever you blog, it's still on the internet.

welcome to my blog by the way. enjoy.

Anonymous said...

Sahih Bukhari Volume 7, Book 62, Number 64
Narrated 'Aisha:
that the Prophet married her when she was six years old and he consummated his marriage when she was nine years old, and then she remained with him for nine years (i.e., till his death).

Post a Comment

Hi :) Please be civil.


About

Musings, Articles and Ramblings of a Muslim Woman which range from a variety of different subjects.

Location: Dubai - United Arab Emirates.
The believers are only those who, when Allâh is mentioned, feel a fear in their hearts and when His Verses (this Qur'ân) are recited unto them, they (i.e. the Verses) increase their Faith; and they put their trust in their Lord (Alone).
Surat Al-Anfal - Verse 2
The Holy Qurán