Posted By Veiled Muslimah on/at 5/15/2009 03:09:00 PM

So I've been really thinking of shifting blogs now. I'd thought about it earlier too, but well, i chickened out because it seemed so much of a hassle. But I've been thinking about it seriously this time around and I've realised it's about time I did it.

Honestly speaking, I don't enjoy blogging here anymore, there is something about the blogger interface which makes it seem like a chore instead of something I'd enjoy.

No offense to Blogger though, it's served for quite a few years and the option of having the different numerous wonderful templates without hosting your own blog is a plus, but there is something about it that has becoming... unattractive. Not to mention that you have to re-add all the widgets everytime you change blogs.

So I've decided to do a fresh start, bloggers change blogs at least once in their lifetime and I haven't even done it once.

However, I'm a bit indecisive about where to shift too.

There is Wordpress - which is famous for it's clean interface but it has very limited templates. And I have a thing for templates... However Wordpress home to all sorts of people will give you a global readership.

Then there is Hadithuna - the Muslim version of Wordpress with numerous templates but a very Muslim-Only readership.

Thoughts?

    Get Feed Share on Digg Share on StumbleUpon Share on Delicious
Posted in

12 comments:

بنت بيتر said...

Assalamu alaykum

I dont like either LOL

But Hadithuna used to have a problem with feeds... I couldnt add anyone with Hadithuna into google reader or anywhere else. So I think your readership would be even more limited..

Anonymous said...

ahlan wa sahlan ya shoyoookhunn arabiyyyunnn

Wordpress fo sho!!! :P

Hajar Zamzam Ismail said...

Salam alaikum. For awhile I was unhappy with blogger and I tried other places while I kept blogger going. In the end I decided that I'm going to get out of it what I put into it. So, I still have accounts with facebook, myspace, livejournal, xanga, tagged and twitter. Blogger remains my favorite. Because I am really investing myself in it again.

Anonymous said...

i opened my blog in hadithuna but I found it trickier to use. So for now I am sticking with blogger cos it is easy.

Veiled Muslimah said...

Umm Travis:

Wa Alaykumsalam,

LOL @ not liking either. Hmm, I think they might have resolved the problem with feeds but I'm not sure. I'm attracted to Hadithuna but I'm still undecided.

Anonymous:

Haha, I think I'd be the furthest away from being called 'Shaykh'. :P

You think wordpress is a good choice? Give me reasons! :)

Veiled Muslimah said...

Actually I think wordpress is better, but i hate their lack of templates.

Veiled Muslimah said...

Hajar:

I did exactly the same thing a few months back, I still have accounts of my name in these places, but I just dont use them.

Another option of was still sticking to blogger but using a different domain name, but I hate it when all the widgets disappear [and all the hard work you put into them] the minute you change templates.

Al-Ghariba:

If you shift from blogger to Hadithuna the first time it does seem a bit intimidating, but then it gets easy to use.

Asma said...

Wordpress fo sho! :)

Anonymous said...

How about IslamicInk.com

Anonymous said...

You can have someone design a custom wordpress design for you.Haduthuna runs on wordpressMu ( multi-user). Do a search of local your local freelance web designers.Good ones can do it fast in about a day.

Suleimankhan said...

One of the nicer aspects of being on Hadithuna right now is our willingness to install custom themes for you on our site.

Of course the decision is entirely up to you, but as the net's largest Muslim blogging community, we'd certainly love to have you :)

Veiled Muslimah said...

Thanks guys for the input, but its already too late!

I've already shifted to wordpress... and shifting again would be a hassle, not to mention it takes up time building up a new blog.

Suleiman: Really appreciate the feedback though. Hadithuna is pretty cool as a Muslim blogging community, maybe if I decide to run another blog it'll be there. :)

Post a Comment

Hi :) Please be civil.


About

Musings, Articles and Ramblings of a Muslim Woman which range from a variety of different subjects.

Location: Dubai - United Arab Emirates.
The believers are only those who, when Allâh is mentioned, feel a fear in their hearts and when His Verses (this Qur'ân) are recited unto them, they (i.e. the Verses) increase their Faith; and they put their trust in their Lord (Alone).
Surat Al-Anfal - Verse 2
The Holy Qurán