Posted By Veiled Muslimah on/at 10/03/2008 03:36:00 AM

Assalāmu ‘alaykum wa rahmatullāhi Wabarakath,

I was going to title this post, 'When things fall apart', but considering things aren't falling apart alhamdulilah, I didn't want to alarm my readers. :)

I'm hoping this passes so I can look back and call it a moodswing, or maybe when I slipped a ladder or two. Or maybe it's just a plain melancholic mood. Whatever it was, I was feeling it for the past few days and it's related to a couple of things. My Imaan is for some reason on the down-low and I think this is because of my own actions. Sometimes, it seems hard to stand as an individual in the big bad World with opposition coming in. Sometimes it seems so easy to leave what you stand for and take the easy step/way out. To blend in, to be what people want you to be. Besides that, the actions of some other people around me are alarming and causing me distress. But in the end, each to their own , eh? Also, this is the Sunnah of the Prophet SAWs, to go through trials and tribulations, no matter how small or big.

It says in the Qurán, 'Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest', and I've experienced this enough times myself. Contemplating the restlessness and the distress of my heart, I realised there was only one remedy, the remembrance of Allah. Its always soothed me before, when things look bleak and the World looks too big and important, the solace and comfort is always there when I need it. I sat down to read Surat Kahf after my Isha prayers tonight, and although I've read it so many times, there were some that I stopped and pondered over, which in turn soothed me. I've noticed this so many times, when I am in distress or just troubled, the Qurán seems to be speaking directly to me.

I'd like to share a few:

إِنَّ ٱلَّذِينَ ءَامَنُواْ وَعَمِلُواْ ٱلصَّـٰلِحَـٰتِ إِنَّا لَا نُضِيعُ أَجۡرَ مَنۡ أَحۡسَنَ عَمَلاً

Verily As for those who believed and did righteous deeds, certainly We shall not make to be lost the reward of anyone who does his (righteous) deeds in the most perfect manner. (30)

وَٱضۡرِبۡ لَهُم مَّثَلَ ٱلۡحَيَوٰةِ ٱلدُّنۡيَا كَمَآءٍ أَنزَلۡنَـٰهُ مِنَ ٱلسَّمَآءِ فَٱخۡتَلَطَ بِهِۦ نَبَاتُ ٱلۡأَرۡضِ فَأَصۡبَحَ هَشِيمً۬ا تَذۡرُوهُ ٱلرِّيَـٰحُ‌ۗ وَكَانَ ٱللَّهُ عَلَىٰ كُلِّ شَىۡءٍ۬ مُّقۡتَدِرًا

And put forward to them the example of the life of this world, it is like the water (rain) which We send down from the sky, and the vegetation of the earth mingles with it, and becomes fresh and green. But (later) it becomes dry and broken pieces, which the winds scatter. And Allâh is Able to do everything. (44)

ٱلۡمَالُ وَٱلۡبَنُونَ زِينَةُ ٱلۡحَيَوٰةِ ٱلدُّنۡيَا‌ۖ وَٱلۡبَـٰقِيَـٰتُ ٱلصَّـٰلِحَـٰتُ خَيۡرٌ عِندَ رَبِّكَ ثَوَابً۬ا وَخَيۡرٌ أَمَلاً۬

Wealth and children are the adornment of the life of this world. But the good righteous deeds, that last, are better with your Lord for rewards and better in respect of hope.

وَيَوۡمَ نُسَيِّرُ ٱلۡجِبَالَ وَتَرَى ٱلۡأَرۡضَ بَارِزَةً۬ وَحَشَرۡنَـٰهُمۡ فَلَمۡ نُغَادِرۡ مِنۡہُمۡ أَحَدً۬ا (٤٧) وَعُرِضُواْ عَلَىٰ رَبِّكَ صَفًّ۬ا لَّقَدۡ جِئۡتُمُونَا كَمَا خَلَقۡنَـٰكُمۡ أَوَّلَ مَرَّةِۭ‌ۚ بَلۡ زَعَمۡتُمۡ أَلَّن نَّجۡعَلَ لَكُم مَّوۡعِدً۬ا

And (remember) the Day We shall cause the mountains to pass away (like clouds of dust), and you will see the earth as a levelled plain, and we shall gather them all together so as to leave not one of them behind. (47) And they will be set before your Lord in (lines as) rows, (and Allâh will say): "Now indeed, you have come to Us as We created you the first time. Nay, but you thought that We had appointed no meeting for you (with Us)."

May Allah subhanna wa ta'ala make us steadfast on the religion and the relieve the distress of our hearts and may he enter us into into Paradise. Ameen.

On a side note, my timings have become so messed up. I haven't been able to sleep the last two nights, hence here I am blogging at 4 AM and will be staying up another hour before I sleep. I think this has to do with Ramadan. I really hope they go back to normal soon inshaAllah. I love my sleep not to mention it is causing problems with all the work I have to do.


    Get Feed Share on Digg Share on StumbleUpon Share on Delicious
Posted in

4 comments:

Hajar Zamzam Ismail said...

May Allah help you, ensha Allah.

بنت بيتر said...

I know exactly what you mean! I have been feeling the same feelings and it is so hard sometimes, as you said, it does FEEL as if things are falling apart when your eman is low. Ma shaa Allah, it seems you found suitable things to pick you up, and in sha Allah I will do the same. May Allah make it easy for us, ameen x

Veiled Muslimah said...

Hajar, Inshallah!

Umm Travis, I'm still in the process. :) But inshallah I'll get there. Ameen to the dua.

Anonymous said...

Salam ! Mashallah zaberdast post sis i have been same feelings

Post a Comment

Hi :) Please be civil.


About

Musings, Articles and Ramblings of a Muslim Woman which range from a variety of different subjects.

Location: Dubai - United Arab Emirates.
The believers are only those who, when Allâh is mentioned, feel a fear in their hearts and when His Verses (this Qur'ân) are recited unto them, they (i.e. the Verses) increase their Faith; and they put their trust in their Lord (Alone).
Surat Al-Anfal - Verse 2
The Holy Qurán